WHAT’S IN STORE
ONE incredible venue
TWO fine reminders of what great cinema looks like
SEVERAL uproarious poets
PLENTY of Prosecco*
98% critics score the Tomatometer
• “Among the great American crime movies, 1973’s Badlands stands alone.” —San Francisco Chronicle
• “In Terrence Malick’s cool, sometimes brilliant, always ferociously American film… Kit and Holly take an all-American joyride across the upper Middle West.” —New York Times
THE DINNER GAME (LE DÎNER DE CONS) (1998)
90% audience score on the Tomatometer
• “A sip of sparkling champagne in a moviegoing summer of mostly cheap red wine for teenage winos.” —New York Observer
• “The Dinner Game is the funniest film this season.” —San Francisco Chronicle
THE PRE-SHOW ENTERTAINMENT
As we wait for dusk to fall, we will be regaled by some — but not too many — poets, who will show us what happens when you take cinema itself as your muse.
July 7, 2016
Northfield Drive-In Theatre
981 Northfield Road, Hinsdale, NH 03451
(One reasonably interesting conversation away from downtown Amherst)
Doors at 7:00p. Event commences 7:45ish. First movie begins at dusk.
Cinephiles will be gathering at 6:30p on the night in question at the Amherst Middle School parking lot for car-pooling and random high-fiving. Caravan departs at 6:45p, led by the Amherst Live poetry limo.
Rain or shine
COMPLIMENTARY DECISION TREE
1. You have never seen Terrence Malick’s Badlands.
You are done. Your decision is made. Buy your tickets now.
2. You have seen Terrence Malick’s Badlands, but not in a while, and certainly never at a drive-in, where the pines stand dark against the stars.
Again: Done. Get your tickets immediately.
3. You saw Terrence Malick’s Badlands last night, at a drive-in, where the pines stand dark against the stars.
Well, sure, but did you see it alongside a fun, frothy French film and the mad ravings of a squad of lubricated poets?
$13 in advance. $15 at the gate, pending availability.
Poetry & Prosecco Package
$50 in advance only. The PPP entitles you to a debauched limo ride to and from the event in the company of our poets, together with certain quantities of Prosecco. Limo departs from the middle school parking lot at 6:45p sharp. Limited tickets available.
WHAT TO BRING
• Lawn chairs (so you can sit close — there will be subtitles)
• Bug repellent
• Refreshments of your choosing (Pairing tip: Prosecco + house fries)
• Sweatshirt and/or lap blanket
• Ticket stubs
• That wide-eyed childlike wonder
PEOPLE TO THANK, BECAUSE THEY LOVE OUR COMMUNITY AND HELP US DO FUN STUFF
Camden Sound: providing professional sound engineering for live performance in the Valley!
Michael’s Limo: limousines for any occasion! (Limos, we feel, are a tragically underutilized luxury.)
Amherst Copy & Designworks: happiness guaranteed!